Please sign in to post.

Hotel Pendini Florence

We stayed at the Pendini for 14 nights. It is a beautiful and historic hotel. We could walk to everything in Florence. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and the whole staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms and bathrooms were very nice. Our first 3 nights were in a large room overlooking the piazza, but because of loud music from a nearby cafe, we moved to a smaller inside room that was completely quiet. The staff helped us move our suitcases. Both rooms were very comfortable. There are many very good restaurants nearby on the streets surrounding the square (Piazza della Republica).
I highly recommend this hotel!

Posted by
21 posts

Hi Susan, I will be staying there from May 8th to 13th, and am really looking forward to it. Can you recommend any restaurants nearby, and also shops for leather goods? For our first night, I want to get to a restaurant that's really close to the hotel, so we can have an early dinner, head back to the hotel and get a good night's sleep.

Posted by
16 posts

Hi Imbun,
The closest restaurant to the hotel that is not too touristy is Vineria del Re, Piazza della Republica 4. We actually ate there our first night - pizza, salad, wine. Good service. As for the other restaurants on the Piazza ,most are touristy and I don't recommend them. La Bistecca Osteria next to the one above charged us 15 extra Euros for using a credit card. The people in Cafe Paszkowski are rude and they often play extremely loud music. BUT- If you walk a few blocks there are many excellent small restaurants. Two of our favorites: Cacio e Pepe, Via del Tavolini 11 (open earlier than 7pm - we ate there at 6; and Casella 18, Via Santa Elisabetta 18. You may need reservation for Casella 18 they open at 7pm. Both these small restaurants had very friendly staff and excellent food.
Enjoy your trip, we loved Florence.

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you for this review! We will be staying there in November.