Please sign in to post.

Hotel Near Osteria Francescana

I was lucky enough to get a reservation for lunch in April so very excited. Has anyone stayed in a hotel nearby they can recommend?

Posted by
6788 posts

Osteria Francescana is in central Modena.

This summer, my parents stayed at the hotel Canalgrande and found it a bit too old-fashioned for their modern taste, but comfortable and pleasant nonetheless. And I do trust their judgement, they've been to more hotels than I have 😅. It seems to be within a 15-minute walk from the restaurant. If this doesn't sound like a rave review, it's because it isn't quite one, but it would be a solid option.

Posted by
473 posts

Thank you. Yes, it is in Modena and I can search for hotels was just looking for a personal recommendation!

Posted by
251 posts

Osteria Francesana, you are lucky! So jealous! I absolutely love Modena. We stayed at at Best Western Liberta which is perfectly located in the center of Modena about a ten minute walk to OF. The staff was lovely, rooms were clean and modern, good breakfast. There is a parking garage across the street if you have a car. The train station is a ten minute walk away as is the Ferrari museum. If you do stay there, don’t miss out on the gelato a block away at GioElia Cremeria. I think of it often. Modena is an under rated gem. It quickly became one of our favorites. Don’t miss the market there too. Motor heads will love to venture out to the Lamborghini factory. Give me a shout out if you want more info. Lucky you!

Posted by
473 posts

Thank you for the recommendations! Would love any more for Modena. Yes, we are very excited!

Posted by
2455 posts

Wow, there’s a Lamborghini factory in Modena? I didn’t know that. Do you think that’s where my Lamborghini was manufactured? That would certainly be worth a visit!

Posted by
2455 posts

Oops, sorry, I checked and my car is not actually a Lamborghini, it’s a Toyota. Another Italian name, so easy to be confused. Is there by any chance also a Toyota factory near Modena? (:->)))