Please sign in to post.

Hotel Nardizzi Americana - Rome??

Nine years ago we stayed at Hotel Nardizzi Americana on our first RS tour. We are back in Rome in late September and contemplating staying there again as I think we can walk to the Borghese Gallery. Has anyone stayed there recently? Or, is there another hotel close to the Borghese that you might recommend?

Posted by
66 posts

Elle - the Hotel Oceania is one floor below the Nardizzi and the Hotel Aberdeen is about 1/2 city block away. both decent properties.
Gene

Posted by
13925 posts

I stayed at the Nardizzi last Sept as part of a RS tour and found it to be a very nice hotel. The breakfast buffet was fine. AC was really good.

Posted by
6289 posts

Elle: We stayed at the Nardizzi during our 21 day BOE tour. The room was fine, the location was good, but the breakfast was unacceptable. Fake juice, machine coffee, no fruit, cheese, yogurt, or meats, and our first day there the bread showed up just as we were all leaving to meet the bus. We ended up buying fruit and cheese to share with the other tour members the next day. I see one of the other posters says the breakfast was good, so maybe they've improved. I recommend the Aberdeen, which is about 1/2 block away from the Nardizzi.