Please sign in to post.

Hotel Europa in Florence

I have been trying to locate the website of Hotel Europa (not Signa) and keep getting a "page not found" error. Does anyone know if they are still in business? I would like to get a quote on a room.

Posted by
20089 posts

Why don't you call them. Could be the server where there website resides is having issues, and on a week end, it won't get kick started until Monday. Happens to my email provider often enough that I have them on speed dial.

Posted by
267 posts

I would certainly keep trying. It will be well worth your effort! We stayed there 4 years ago and quite pleased. Fantastic location, great view and the owner is so gracious and kind. I would like to go back.

Posted by
20089 posts

When I look at google reviews, the latest is 9 months ago. Google Via Cavour 14, Florence, and it shows both Hotel Europa and Lost Paradise Apartment with a Priceline listing. Click on that, and you get what looks like an apartment listing with many photos of a hotel room, including a coffee maker and en-suite bathroom. It has reviews this past December. Hotel Europa does not show up on booking.com, orbitz, and expedia. The last 2 allow you specify specific properties and Hotel Europa does not show up.

Could this be a case of a hotel being converted into an airbnb type business model? Still think you should call the number listed on google and see if it is still connected.

Posted by
33 posts

I sent them an email this morning and hope to get a reply. I would rather not call if possible due to long distance charges. I will try the Priceline link, though. Hoping it's just a website issue.

Posted by
3843 posts

I just checked booking.com and the following message comes up
We're sorry, but it is currently not possible to make reservations for this hotel on our site.
Doesn't look too good for a room for awhile.

Posted by
33 posts

Barbara, that's what I got too. Haven't gotten a response from my email either, so it certainly doesn't look good. I was able to secure a room with another hotel, but would rather have gone with Hotel Europa instead.

Posted by
3843 posts

I wonder if you emailed booking.com if they would know anything.

Posted by
2026 posts

It is possible to call booking.com too. They have been helpful in the past. Most recently in San Juan after the storm it was confusing, and the representative dug around and got some helpful information. Frankly, I was surprised they could be contacted by phone, and more so to find they could resolve some problems then and there.

Posted by
1 posts

I've had the same issue. I've sent an email to Rick Steves since the information is in the 2018 Italy guidebook. Might have to resort to telephone call. Will update when I receive an answer to my email.

Posted by
33 posts

I did send the RS website an email and they responded that they had gotten a response from them, but as I told them, it was the wrong Hotel Europa. The one they contacted was a big chain hotel. Am anxious to find out if you get better info from them than I did. Also, I've not been able to find a good website for them.

Posted by
22 posts

I stayed there a few years ago and was hoping my son could stay there this spring! I emailed them and no response. I actually had been in touch with Miriam and Roberto in the past, so not hearing back from them concerns me--is hotel closed? I would appreciate anything you may find out...