Please sign in to post.

Florence Hotel, BNB, Restaurant Recommendations for October 14-17, 2023

Hi everyone -

My son and I will be in Florence Saturday, October 14th through Tuesday, October 17, 2023. Can anyone recommend a hotel, BNB, and good local restaurants? Ideally we'd like to be as close as possible to the museums. We tried Casa Rabbati but no availability. Much appreciated. Jim

Posted by
951 posts

We stayed at Canto degli Scali. It is a unique property in that they have the options of a B&B or apartments. It is a recently restored 14th century Palazzo run by two brothers: Marco and Alessio who are wonderful hosts. It is in the heart of Florence a five minute walk from the Ponte Vecchio and 10 minute walk to the Duomo. It is near enough to the big sights, but in a small neighborhood that you don't feel like you are in the middle of of all the tourists. If you stay in the B&B, they offer a breakfast token for a little cafe around the corner.

I would definitely stay again. The only gotcha is that there is no elevator, so you need to climb a few stairs: here is the link so that you can check out the rooms and prices--http://www.cantodegliscali.com/en/.

I also highly recommend Eating Europe's Sunset Food Tour. You get the visit everything from the wine windows of Florence to local restaurants, we loved the gnudi restaurant (Tuscan gnocchi). It is a great place to get to know some local restaurants and then come back to explore more on your own.

If you love pork, try the Antica Porchetteria Granieri 1916. It is a take away Porchetta sandwiches for about 8 Euros, you get a wonderful meal.

We also loved visiting the Central Market, both for shopping and for dining. Since we stayed in a B&B with a fridge and stove, we shopped at the market one morning and then cooked a wonderful dinner at our B&B.

Posted by
2304 posts

hey hey jim
check out cross-pollinate.com
choose your city and dates. this couple started the beehive years ago as small hotel and is now a hostel
in rome with places in other cities.
booking.com
place cities & dates. read reviews carefully for amenities you prefer, remember check ins to most places are 2-4pm and check out 10-11am.

many great restaurants around, walk down an alleyway from tourist center, stay away from “waiters” telling you to come on in. enjoy & have a great time.
aloha