Please sign in to post.

Florence B&B

Has anyone stayed recently at La Residenza del Proconsolo B&B in Florence, very near the Duomo? It is recommended in a 2017 Rick Steves guide book, but the website is still mentioning an offer from 2023 and some of the key links aren't working. When I emailed asking if they were accepting 2025 reservations yet - using the info address on the website (which matches the one in Rick's guide book) - the reply I received was "yes" with a smiley face. I'm not feeling very comfortable with the website or the one word reply. Does anyone have recent information and reviews?

Posted by
40 posts

I have not stayed there but can recommend
Residenza I’l Villino B&B
Barbara is a terrific host
Her breakfast selection is very nice
Check it out

Posted by
869 posts

I tried a dummy booking for March 2025 and had no problems on their website: https://proconsolo.com/home-en/
What kind of trouble did you have with the links?

By the way, they had plenty of availability for random dates in March 2025.

The reviews on Booking.com can only be left by people who booked the hotel through Booking.com. So the reviews can be trusted. I see lots of reviews from earlier this year, including May 2024. Some of the reviews I scanned praised Adriana the host.

Posted by
8725 posts

You’ll get more responses if you post in the Italy Forum.

Have never stayed in the B & B you’ve mention. Did you take in account the time difference when you sent your email?

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you all very much for your replies!

Mary, I went to Bookings.com and felt much better after seeing current reviews. That insight was very helpful, and your direction to that website was very useful. The links at the bottom of Proconsolo B&B's homepage for "General Info", "Price Information", Information on Payments", and "Cancellation Policy" didn't take me anywhere, but all of that information came up when booking an actual room. So having booked a room for April 2025, we're all set!

And Diane, your recommendation of Residenza I’l Villino B&B looks wonderful and is in the same neighborhood. We'll keep it for future reference.

Thanks again, this was all truly helpful.