Please sign in to post.

Fiumicino Restaurants 2023

We recently had two nights in Fiumicino - one at the beginning and one at the end of our trip to Italy in March/April 2023. Highly recommend a few restaurants, as well as a little brewpub not far from Hotel Tiber where we stayed (also a good choice, with a cheap airport shuttle and a good breakfast offering).

Beer Wave (https://www.facebook.com/beerwavecraft/). Tiny brewery located around the corner from Hotel Tiber in Fiumicino. Limited food menu, which we did not try, but microbrew-loving hubby thought the ales were very good. I had an Aperol Spritz made with lambic (Belgian wild yeast ale) and it was the best Aperol Spritz I have ever had.

Tarumbo, Via della Torre Clementina, 206, 00054 Fiumicino RM, Italy. No website, but Yelp and Trip Advisor have reviews - although I can’t seem to find a complete menu anywhere. Lovely dinner, with meat and fish options as well as pasta, pizza and a variety of focaccia. Nice wine selection, includes half bottles. Indoor and outdoor seating areas. Reasonably priced, about $65 for 2, including a half bottle of wine.

Follis, Via della Torre Clementina, 146, 00054 Fiumicino RM, Italy. Website has no info. https://www.facebook.com/FollisRistorante/. This is a real wow. Not sure why it is listed as an “American Bar” - nothing American about it as far as I can tell. This is NOT a pizza place. Beautiful bar area, plenty of indoor seating. Wine “list” was a book that weighed a few pounds. We had fried anchovies as an app, with a lemon gel. Pasta w prawns and peas had 2 sauces - delicious. Pasta with mussels and asparagus was also fantastic. Beautiful food presentation. Reasonably priced, about $70 for 2, including a bottle of wine.

Posted by
352 posts

Thanks! Italy is next on our bucket list, and we were planning to spend a couple of nights in Fiumicino.

Posted by
315 posts

If you want some "fast food" there is also a place called MecFish, fried fish of all types and burgers, etc. Very good. All of these palces are right along the river, easy to find...

Posted by
3245 posts

Thanks for posting! God willing, we will have another last night by the Rome Airport, and these all look great.

Posted by
416 posts

Thank you, Rebecca! Your post is so timely, as I was looking for a hotel near the airport for our last night in Italy! So happy to hear your recommendations of the Hotel Tiber and nearby restaurants.

We will be at the end of the My Way Italy Tour, and are planning a few extra days in Rome. After 2 nights with the tour, and 3 added on to explore Rome more, I wonder if we might be ready to leave the hustle and bustle and spend two nights in Fiumicino, instead of just the last night before we fly home.

I don't know this area at all - so I'm interested in any recommendations considering 2 nights in Fiumicino rather than a shorter one night stay.

Thanks for any more info you can share!

Laurie

Posted by
16 posts

I had a great experience at Domus Lina for a clean, inexpensive hotel with a Queen bed to get a good nights sleep before a long day of travel. I also enjoyed a great meal at Follis in Fiumicino. A good sunset from the end of the pier was also nice. Another good restaurant choice was Cielo, very nice patio and a second floor with a commanding view. All in All, I enjoyed the stay here at the end of long trip to Italy.