Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre

My husband and I are planning to stay in Cinque Terre for 5 nights. We were wondering about recommendations for accommodations. We can do stairs. Thanks!

Posted by
11156 posts

In Monterosso, up on a bluff, Hotel Porto Roca has sweeping sea views and an excellent dining room too.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks for that recommendation, unfortunately it is fully booked during the time we are staying there. I will keeping checking.

Posted by
72 posts

Pasquale, every room has a water view. Best breakfast layout I have had in Europe.

Posted by
374 posts

No room recommendations, I will just say I enjoyed staying in Corniglia it is the only town not on the water, smallest, most peaceful. I would wake up at sunrise, hike the trails, head back to room for lunch and siesta then head back out again once daytrippers and cruises left. I found the crowds to be at their worst from 11am-4pm. Only one day was I not taking my siesta and I regretted it, it was crowded and not charming at all. I went in mid April by the way. Also make sure to follow the trails in the direction Rick Steves says, it minimizes amount of time uphill and kinda eases you into the trails.

Posted by
40 posts

We stayed at the Albergo Amici in Monterosso Al Mare last June, while on the RS Heart of Italy tour. We would definitely stay there again.

Posted by
258 posts

We stayed in Vernazza in the Mike and Franca Suite, a dreamy space with a (separate access) patio high up overlooking the water, the patio even had an outdoor shower. Did you know there are actually two beaches in Vernazza? This suite is tiny, but we spent all our wake time out on that gorgeous patio. And there was a washer and dryer, always a bonus. We also rented a small boat and wow that was a fun decision. We putt-putted around the five towns, and even anchored and swam at a waterfall. The boat rental guy gave us a map and it was easy. We gloated over the fact that we weren't on those crowded ferries or trains. Happy traveling!
https://mike-franca-suite-with-private-terrace.italian-rivierahotels.org/en/

Posted by
13 posts

We have stayed Hotel Souvenir in Old Town. Great location, good breakfast to get you started...
On our first trip to Monterroso they didn't have any availability through their main website however we were able to book through Expedia.