Please sign in to post.

Best of Rome Tour

Can anyone please let me know which hotel in Rome Rick Steve's uses or has used in the past for the Best of Rome Tour?

Posted by
13955 posts

Different tour departure dates may use different hotels. If you have a departure date in mind, I'd call the office to ask. When you sign up you will get the name of the first and last hotels right away so you can book extra nights if needed.

Meanwhile, I've been to Rome 3 times on various RS tours and stayed in different hotels for each tour. I've not done the Best of Rome, though.

Posted by
116 posts

We also stayed at Hotel Lancelot for the Rome Tour in 2023. When we were on the Venice, Florence Rome tour we were at Hotel Smeraldo for the time in Rome.

Posted by
73 posts

Thanks everyone! Hotel Lancelot as well as Hotel Smeraldo and Minerva Relais are already on my list. We are staying in Rome 3 days before our Viking Cruise leaving out of Rome. So so these are all within our budget.

Posted by
116 posts

Hotel Smeraldo had a great location for the sites like the Pantheon and lots more restaurants and shops. If booking there ask for the main hotel, we found the annex to be very small ( bedroom and especially the bathroom). Hotel Lancelot was very close to the Colosseum and Forum but a much more residential vibe if that interests you.

Posted by
28 posts

Lancelot in September 2023...

no complaints... the room was spacious, the bed very comfortable, good shower and HOT water, friendly and helpful front desk staff, very good Italian breakfast, great location... walk to Colosseum and Arch of Titus, walk to Basilica Santi Giovanni e Paolo and Basilica of San Clemente (check the RS Rome Guide Book)

Posted by
100 posts

Stayed at the Hotel Lancelot in Nov 2023 on my Best of Rome trip. However, on a previous Venice, Florence, Rome trip in Nov 2016, we stayed at the Hotel Aberdeen. I loved the Lancelot - super close to the Colosseo and Forum and plenty of cheap, good eateries nearby. Hotel Aberdeen (near Termini) was also very nice.