Please sign in to post.

Best Gelato place in Rome

I'm on the current RS tour and we found the "Old Bridge Gelateria" across from the Vatican to be the best of all the places we tried in Italy. You know it is going to be great when half the people in line were nuns!

Posted by
3836 posts

Thanks, have a trip there planned and my sister would eat gelato do for her 3 meals!

If you are near the Pantheon - go to San Crispino which is just North of Pantheon on Piazza Magdalena (spelling not exact). It 's a very short walk from Pantheon Piazza, about one short block.
I love the ginger/cinnamon flavored gelato. Wish I could have more.

Posted by
3941 posts

We tried Old Bridge when in Rome, but my fav was Cremeria Don Pepe over by the Colosseum. It was on the way back to our room so we stopped twice - and had we had them on the first night instead of our 3rd, we would have gone every night. The black cherry on the 2nd visit was divine, as was the coconut and dark choc I had on our first visit. It is only a minute to walk there from Col, and it's small, so blink and you'll miss it. 40 Via di San Giovanni in Laterno.

Posted by
16893 posts

Moving this comment from the duplicate thread:

Posted by mountainzone2000 06/08/16 03:05 PM

1 posts

I have always found Grom to be consistently good throughout Italy.

Posted by
7278 posts

Grom is tasty in Paris, too, and you can walk it off with a stroll through the nearby Luxembourg Garden.

Posted by
2456 posts

We're approaching the 70th anniversary of Gelateria La Romana
http://www.gelateriaromana.com
and they have locations in Rome away from the tourist zones.

Actually, so long as you're taking the time to get away from the tourist zones, you should go where the lawyers and municipal staff go, around the Piazza Cavour.