Please sign in to post.

Amatriciana in Rome?

I was terribly disappointed to learn that Rick's recommended restaurant Ciccia Bomba is under new management and is no longer recommended. They had the best rigatoni all'amatriciana! I'll be returning to Rome in May and am wondering if anyone knows of a good place to pasta with amatricianna sauce.

Posted by
308 posts

Try posting in the chowhound.com forum. It's foodie paradise over there.

Posted by
16893 posts

I've enjoyed several meals at Hostaria Romana, also in the book and best to reserve. It's been years since I had the amatriciana there, but more recently enjoyed pasta all gricia (guanciale and pecorino but no tomato) and other traditional dishes.

Posted by
380 posts

This was many years ago now, but we had excellent Bucatini all' Amatriciana at Taverna Varrone on Via Varrone 7A. Also excellent is their Fettucine with Funghi Porcini, their steaks and chops, and an appetizer called Gratinatti Misti (a gratin of mixed vegetables.) They have indoor and outdoor seating.

Posted by
4 posts

I had the best version of this at Piacere Molise just last week. It's a little family run restaurant a block or two North of the Vatican Museum entrance that we stumbled upon.