Please sign in to post.

Agriturismo in Sicily

Hi all. Does anyone have recommendations for agriturismo in Sicily? We have a car and plan to drive all over the island for 10 days so any areas would be great. Thanks for your help!

Posted by
12 posts

we stayed at a few agriturismos in Sicily and this Agriturismo A' Lumia was by far the best. The owner was the sweetest lady who went out of her way to accomodate us. She gave us great suggestions on areas to visit and restaurants in the area, which all turned out to be wonderful. Her property is filled with almond, lemon, orange, mandarine and figue trees, from which she makes her own jams that are served at breakfast. She also makes her own honey! Everything was superb!

Posted by
1 posts

Hello there, Do you have any specific towns in mind? For 10 days, I advise spending time in 4 to 5 towns, less if possible so you can really get to know the town and create a great connection in a way that you want to visit it all over again.

Posted by
11294 posts

In 2014 I had a great stay at Azienda Agricola Silvia Sillitti, near Caltanisetta in the center of the island. Here's my review: https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/italy-reviews/sicily-caltanisetta-central-sicily-agrigurismo

I went with a friend; we had a car and 10 days too, so you may find my trip report helpful. If you don't mind a long and detailed read, here it is: https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/trip-reports/sicily-palermo-caltanisetta-siracusa-taormina

Posted by
77 posts

We enjoyed staying at Fattoria Mose outside of Agrigento last June. A great location to go see the amazing temples in Agrigento. Great olive oil for purchase, and a very helpful owner (female) who speaks perfect English. We’d go back in a heartbeat!

Posted by
27112 posts

Sicily is large; I would not attempt to cover the entire island in 10 days; you'd spend all your time in the car. I'd really dig into a good guidebook (Rick's has just been published) and identify my top sightseeing targets, in the (probably vain) hope they will cluster nicely in the eastern or western part of the island.

Is there any way you can give yourself 2 weeks or longer? That would make for a better trip. If you stay at one or more nice agriturismos, you'll certainly want to spend some time enjoying them, which will cut into what would otherwise be time for traditional sightseeing.