Please sign in to post.

Staying in Cinque Terre

Looking for a nice place to stay in Vernazza with a nice view of the ocean and possibly a pool. Any suggestions? Has anyone stayed at Hotel Le Spiagga nearby? Thank you for any suggestions.

Posted by
7209 posts

This is not the correct place to ask questions. This is the "review" section. Ask your question in the general Italy travel section, and I'm guessing you'll get many answers.

Posted by
3 posts

Ok, will try that. I guess I thought "review" meant I could get a review of the hotel I mentioned.

Posted by
16893 posts

I have never particularly noticed any Cinque Terre hotels with swimming pools, but the beach at Monterosso is generally shallow and warm for swimming, even into October.

Posted by
2455 posts

sharis311, these travel forum web pages have recently been restructured. My understanding is that questions, and answers, concerning Italy travel topics should be posted on the "Italy" page; specifically reviews of your past experiences at hotels and restaurants are to go on this "Italy Reviews" page, for others to benefit from. But it seems pretty unclear to me, even in the instructions on the page itself, and does not seem to be working as intended. Or, maybe I have misunderstood. It seems to me it would be more useful if posters used a title something like: "review of xxxx Hotel in Florence". Then people could know what was there and consult it if helpful.

Posted by
1 posts

You can definitely find a place in Vernazza with an ocean view, however; I don't mean to criticize or sound rude but to look for a place in Vernazza or anywhere in the Cinque Terre with a pool is extremely "silly". First, I doubt there are any hotels with pools. Locals have made huge efforts to keep the big resorts/hotels from building there, hence preserving the charm and beauty of the region. And second, the last thing you want to do there is hang out by the pool. In Monterosso they have a beach plus there are plenty of other things to see and experience there. To experience the charm and beauty of the Cinque Terre you need to get out and explore. Relaxing at the beach is one way to do that, not hanging out by the pool.

Posted by
8 posts

We stayed at La Marina rooms - high on the castle/fort wall, overlooking the ocean. The owner, Christian Carro, could not have been more cordial, helpful, or attentive. Beautiful room, beautiful linens, what a lovely town. Great restaurants too. I think a pool would be pretty out of place in Vernazza -- there's a nice little beach where you can swim. I think you're looking in the wrong place for a pool.

Posted by
13 posts

La Spiaggia in Monterrroso is amazing. I booked a year ahead to get a room right over the beach. It's a quick walk from the train station; it was not cheap but well worth it. Check out my reviews of the hotel and restaurants on Trip Advisor

Posted by
1 posts

The Hotel Porto Roca (Monterosso) has a beautiful new pool on a stunning terrace above the sea. Terracing and maintaining/refurbishing deteriorating terraces has been highly encouraged following the landslides (because terracing adds some stability to the slopes). Something for everyone in the CT...beaches...hiking...pools :)