Please sign in to post.

Rome

Any suggestions on resturants or coffee houses worth going to in Rome? Moderate price range. We do not mind going off the beaten path! Thanks

Posted by
833 posts

I believe the Italy Reviews section is more of a place to post your own reviews, so you may get more answers by asking this question (or searching for similar previous questions) in the Italy section of the forum. But for coffee I would recommend Tazza d'Oro. The granita is delicious!

Posted by
8 posts

Hi Kathi - I recommend Tre Scalini. It is a pricy, but the food and service was excellent and I loved their tomato soup You can look up their menu on line at "www.trescalini.it/en/menu".

Posted by
82 posts

Kathi

We love the La Taverna dei Fori Imperiali near the Colosseum, It is down a tiny back street. Have a look at their website. We ate there 3 times when in Rome. Try to avoid the touristy restaurants around the Piazza Navona. Here's the restaurant's website. You can click on the British flag icon to get the details in English.
www.latavernadeiforiimperiali.com

Enjoy,
JoAnn

Posted by
715 posts

Alfredo e Ada, small, I do not have the address but it is in trip advisor under Rome restaurants.

Posted by
6 posts

We have been lucky The Atlante Garden serves great coffee and the tabacco across the street does as well. We just got back to the USA this morning after spending a week in Rome. ( 8-9-14)

Posted by
752 posts

I was at the Mangrovia tonight, it's on Via Milazzo, just off the Via Marsala side of Termini, very near Termini. On a 39 Euro bill I tipped 2 waiters 11 Euro. Normally I tip only a few Euro for good food and service, 5 Euro if 2 waiters. But after dinner, 1 waiter brought me a long-stemmed white rose. I could not leave my usual 5 Euro! The Mussels saute was yummy, grilled scampi, and homemade ravioli were scrumptious. I never got a rose after dinner anywhere before.

Posted by
32765 posts

Sandra, you go to the post you want to change after you log in and next to the data box are two links, "Edit" and "Delete". Click or tap Edit and edit your post. You can then Delete the one you had to add on.