Please sign in to post.

Renting an apartment in Florence

Has anyone ever rented an apartment through the English language newspaper "The Florentine" or the Real Estate Agency Milligan&Milligan? I am trying to find reviews for either but have had no luck. Thank you.

Posted by
49 posts

I am also looking for an apartment in Florance as well as Rome and Venice for June o 2015. I use airb&B and Rome Loft and have had no issues when last in Italy when we drove Rt Rome south for three weeks. Looking to go North this time.

Posted by
1446 posts

I have not used the newspaper or agency that you are asking about.

On my last visit to Florence, this past December, I rented from an agency called Acacia Your Home In Florence. We rented the Peonia 1-bdrm (5 nights), just around the corner from Santa Croce. Friends we referred rented the Gelsomino 1-bdrm (7 nights).

The owner of the agency, Diana Pepi, went out of her way to make our stay very good. Arranging for the rental and for the pick-up of the keys was straightforward. The apt was comfortable, very clean, and well heated. Wi-fi was included.

I'll be renting from her again, as I keep returning to Florence each time that I can find an excuse to... ;-)

Posted by
22 posts

Thank you for your replies. We have stayed in Santa Croce and LOVED it. I will look into these suggestions.