Please sign in to post.

Venice

Hello
we were on a tour in Italy last year middle of April and the weather was lovely.Since we were on a tour the tour company booked all the hotels etc so I don't know the cost of each hotel but the one we stayed in Venice was called Hotel Saturnia & International, a four star hotel just two minutes walk from St Marks Square. it was excellent, great service, wonderful location and fantastic breakfast included. We also had dinner there one night at their restaurant I think it was called Le Caravella and that was excellent too. I hightly recommend this hotel. We had a great room overlooking the canal and every afternoon the gondolas would glide along singing, it was wonderful. they have a lovely roof top garden where we had cocktails and the outdoor restaurant was lovely too for breakfast and lunch. This was an excellent hotel. We have not been to the other places.
We went to FLorence, San Giminigano, Cortona, Rome and Sorrento and POsitano so if you want to know anything about those places I can tell you.
Sandra

Posted by
1046 posts

I'm in Venice about one week every year. After several tries I've landed at the Hotel Ala and can't see me going anywhere else. The Giglio vaparetto is right there. 5 minutes to Academia or San Marco. Beautiful hotel run by very nice people. The breakfast buffet is an excellent start to a long day of meandering through the back streets of Venice. Climb up to the roof with a glass of wine in the late afternoon. Or, they'll bring you breakfast up there if you ask. When I just can't stand New Jersey any more I bring up the Hotel Ala web page and everything is peaceful again!

Posted by
1501 posts

I enjoyed Hotel Bel Sito & Berlino. On a very nice small square facing a church, and just a few minutes walk to St. Mark's. I went with two girlfriends, and we each had a small, but cozy single, and it was inexpensive. Great breakfast. I'd have to compare prices to see if I'll change to Hotel Ala next time!

Posted by
1 posts

Great, I am much interested in the weather in April....We are going on a two-week tour THIS April and have decided that we will see temps from 45-65 (F) mainly... Does that sound correct? Thanks for info on the weather in April...

Posted by
10 posts

I just booked the Saturnia for next week and got a great last minute rate of 415 Euros for 3 nights in what appears to be a 4 star hotel We are really looking forward to it.