Please sign in to post.

Whirl wind visit

My daughter and I will be flying into Dublin but want to do a 3-5 tour of Northern Ireland returning to Dublin for our return home flight. Do you have any suggestions ? We will only be in Ireland for 7 days.

Posted by
16893 posts

Will you rent a car? If you cut the northern section from this Ireland itinerary plan, you end up with something like this:

Day 1: Dublin

Day 2: Dublin

Day 3: Drive to Northern Ireland (sleep in Derry)

Day 4: Explore Derry, then drive to Portrush (sleep in Portrush)

Day 5: Explore Antrim Coast (sleep in Portrush)

Day 6: Belfast (sleep in Belfast)

Day 7: Drive to Valley of the Boyne sights, return car (sleep in Dublin)

Posted by
8664 posts

2 hrs to Belfast by car or bus. In Belfast I would visit the Titanic Museum, the Crumlin Road Gaol, http://www.crumlinroadgaol.com, Belfast City Hall, St. George's Market, take a Black Cab tour of Shankill Road and the Peace Wall, the Botanical Gardens, have a meal at Mourne's, and a pint at The Spaniard or Duke of York Next day head off to the Giant's Causeway. Personally I'd give NI 3 days of my time and spend the other days in Eire. If at all possible I'd drive out of Dublin and over to the Dingle Peninsula. Gorgeous. Great country.

Posted by
124 posts

Before I answer, how are you planing on getting around Ireland/Northern Ireland? Renting a car, taking the bus? If your on the fence about renting a car don't be, it's the best way to travel in Ireland and Northern Ireland.