Please sign in to post.

Where to stay near Dublin airport

We are leaving Galway in the early evening and going back to Dublin to spend the night before going to the airport the next morning. So should we spend that night in Dublin or is there a better place to stay outside of Dublin that is near the airport?

Posted by
771 posts

How are you getting back to Dublin? By car? We did this a few years ago. We stayed at an airport hotel and drove to Malahide, an upscale suburb, for a nice dinner and walk on the beach. I can't remember if my husband returned the car that night and got a shuttle back to the hotel, or we did it the next morning before departure. Back then it was Bewleys Airport Hotel, but I think now it is Clayton Hotel. They very much catered to the airport client--shuttles, early morning breakfast.
I understand some people will say to stay in the city and get transport to the airport in the morning, but we were a family group with people flying to 3 different destinations in the am, and had to return a car, so it worked for us.

Posted by
8091 posts

We spent the night twice at the Hilton Dublin Airport. It's to the south toward downtown and east 4 miles or so.
Good restaurants are within walking distance, and the hotel is modern.
In a city with very expensive hotels, the Hilton is reasonably priced at around $106 a night.
It sure beat the B&B we stayed in on the north end of town at much more $.

Posted by
509 posts

We thought the Holiday Inn Express near DUB was a good value. They share a reliable (and large) shuttle bus with sister Crowne Plaza next door. (We dropped off the rental car the night before our morning flight, using the hotel shuttle to get back to the hotel. Ate dinner at a nice Italian restaurant around the corner.)

Posted by
12 posts

This past summer we spent some time in both Malahide and Dublin. On arrival, we stayed overnight at the Clayton Hotel. Has shuttle to airport and lovely breakfast. Very comfortable rooms and reasonably priced. Malahide is wonderful if you want to be on the beach and the B&Bs there are wonderful, but the Clayton is definitely more conveniently located to the airport (15 minutes by shuttle).