Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Dingle

Looking for recomendations for hotel in Dingle. Would prefer in town or walking distance. Will be traveling late Sept.
Thank you.

Posted by
61 posts

We stayed at Greenmount House in Dingle for 3 nights in 2019.
It is in a quiet area on edge of town, and an easy walk into main part of town (maybe a 5 minute walk).
Very nice rooms and the breakfast was fantastic! The hosts were very pleasant and accommodating.
We later recommended to friends who also loved the place. Would definitely stay there again.

Posted by
71 posts

I found a good selection of places to stay using booking.com for our trip there in Sept. I found using this company at this time worked best for me as they offer free cancellation on most places right up until a day or so before your stays. (and there are no booking fees like Airbnb or VBRO) I love how you can compare and read all of the reviews and they even give a rating on the breakfast that is served. Many good choices there and the flexibility of free cancel is the way to go right now, since we do not know what the future holds regarding the pandemic and life. Have fun on your trip! We will be there just before you.

Posted by
2708 posts

I loved Greenmount House too - stayed there twice. It’s an easy walk into town, but be aware it’s uphill coming back. Very quiet, which is important to us.

Posted by
14 posts

We stayed at Bambury's and loved it. Bernie always had wonderful suggestions for tours, dinners, shopping and more.

Posted by
34 posts

Just statyed at TowerView last werk and lioved it. On a little hill with great views. Large clean rooms and a short 10 min walk to town. Drive the Pennisula and visit Ich Stranf Beach on your way drivingbto Dingle

Posted by
265 posts

We stayed at Bambury's for 2 nights (seems like years ago now but only 2 years). A 5 minute walk into town, very bucolic at the inn - lots of cattle out back from the breakfast area! Peninsula tour picked us up at the door.

Posted by
3214 posts

Hi, we stayed three nights at the Pax house in Dingle. A bit of a splurge, nice views of Dingle harbor. Not right in the town center and I found we mostly used our car to drive into the town. About 1km from town center. If you like Irish music then you must stop in at the Dingle Music shop to see if they have any concerts going on. We went to one and it was the highlight of our stay in Dingle!

Posted by
17 posts

We, a family of 4, stayed for 3 nights at Bambury's last week of July and were very comfortable and enjoyed our time. We had the family room (I believe they have several rooms that can be converted to family room as needed) and the partial view was really nice from it. Parking is plenty, No elevator but max you will climb is one level.

Amenities were great, breakfast was lovely, Covid precautions were very satisfactory and its a hop away from the main downtown.

Hope you enjoy your time in Dingle.