Please sign in to post.

weather in June

we're going on the Heart of Ireland tour from 6/19 to 6/28, starting in Ennis and ending up in Dublin. According to weather.com, average highs are low-to-mid 60s and lows of low-to-mid 50s. Humidity, however, is high, low 70s. Sounds like I could get away with shorts, but maybe wind chills would make that uncomfortable. Has anyone been there this time of year who could provide some insight? Thanks in advance.

Posted by
267 posts

I visited in June and usually wore long quick dry pants; some days, I wore short sleeve shirts, others long sleeve. I had a good Goretex parka for rainy days, and used a light sweater 1 or 2 evenings when it rained and the wind blew.

You would be o.k. with shorts on some days; it can get windy, and the weather can change quickly, though.

Raymond

Posted by
23267 posts

Remember to get those averages, you have to have extremes. Therefore, you should expect it to be both hotter or colder. You need to plan for it a wide range of temperatures coupled with rain or at least drizzle. Be prepared.

Posted by
217 posts

Standard advice is to bring layers. June 2019's weather is already very different to this time last year, there is no point looking at averages. Check the forecast on www.met.ie the day before you travel to get an idea of the weather for the first few days of your trip.