Please sign in to post.
Posted by
11179 posts

Look at weather.com they have historical data

Posted by
69 posts

We were there in mid-April. It was 50s-60s, beautiful and sunny. Of course, we fairly lucky, I think. There are quite a few yearly weather estimates/almanacs available on the web.

Posted by
129 posts

We were there the 1st week of May this year. Weather was also bright and sunny---Hubby had to buy sunglasses. Temps were in the upper 50's to lower 60's. Wear layers and you will be fine. Raincoat doubles as a windbreaker. I lived in a lightweight down vest over a long sleeve shirt. Easy to take off and on and squished down in my backpack.

One day in Dublin it was 50's and blustery---I did buy a wool cap. One other day in Dublin it was a heavy drizzle but no downpours. I finally had to put on a hat since the rain was spotting up my glasses.

Posted by
217 posts

Weather in May this year has absolutely no bearing on the same month next year. It's impossible to predict weather more than 5 or so days in advance, so dress in layers and add/remove as required.

Posted by
2128 posts

Hi ny, our trip to Ireland was the first week in June this year and it rained almost every day for 11 days... Some days it rained (poured) for a half hour, then the sun came out and dried everything up. A few hours later it rained again, then the sun came out. We had three days where it rained all day and all night. The temps weren't bad (50-60) but walking around with wet feet wasn't fun. Bring a waterproof jacket and an extra pair of shoes. Loved Dingle.