Please sign in to post.

We need a hotel that is a shuttle away from airport in Dublin this June 2018?

Hi,
We will have spent 2 weeks driving around the country. For our last night we would like a hotel that has a shuttle to the airport the next day. As we will be dropping off our car we'll also need dinner & breakfast.
I have looked at Trip Advisor & at nearly $300. a night some the reviews are not good!
Thank you!
Joyce, Houston TX

Posted by
1172 posts

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express right next to the airport. It was pretty basic but had a good breakfast in the morning and a shuttle

Posted by
20081 posts

Maldron was not bad, about what you would expect of a big airport hotel. Shuttle worked fine. Has a restaurant and bar.

Posted by
2023 posts

Many of the airport hotels have the shuttle service. We stayed at the Clayton and paid way less than $300. Room was nice and large and the restaurant in the hotel is good. If you are flying back to the US your flight will most likely be early --we took the shuttle really early and there was no time for breakfast but I'm sure it would be available.

Posted by
6532 posts

We stayed at Albany house. It is a block away from where the airport bus dropped us off at St. Stephens green. Great location for the center city and restaurants. Breakfast was typical European, cheeses, lunch meats, yougut, breads. No idea if it has its own shuttle.

Posted by
16 posts

Thank you all. A few years ago we stayed at a really nice hotel at the Stockholm airport - it was IN the airport! We stayed at a lovely hotel at Charles Degaul (sorry, the Paris airport) then stayed at an awful place last summer near Vancouver airport - so I was really looking at the Dublin airport hotels. I will give the suggestions another look. A friend suggested to look at the lower rated reviews - some may be silly but they are still worth a look.
I am still open to suggestions.
Thank you again!
Joyce

Posted by
67 posts

Hi Joyce
We stayed at the Premier Inn near the airport this past September. There is an independent shuttle that makes frequent stops at the Premier Inn for 2E and the trip takes about 10 minutes. We found the hotel was modern, comfortable, and less "expensive" compared to others in the area. We ate dinner in the restaurant and it was good. We left too early for breakfast. One note about the shuttle is that it stops at the airport in a bus parking area located between the terminals, so you need to factor in a short walk to your terminal.

Posted by
33 posts

I will have exactly 48 hours in Dublin in October so I too am looking for a good hotel that's also convenient to the airport.

Posted by
2 posts

Hi Joyce,

sounds like a fun trip you've got planned!
I would recommend you to have a look at Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport (https://www.claytonhotels.com/hotels/clayton-hotel-dublin-airport/). They have a shuttle 24/7 every 20 minutes and they're only an 8-minute drive away from the airport.
They have 4 different dining options (one of which is a new Italian restaurant) and have an extensive breakfast menu (including the traditional full Irish, but also a healthy breakfast with loads of choice).