Please sign in to post.

We are travelling to Ireland April-21-2018 til May -12-2018-

Rick- Which Towns or areas should we spend more than 1 or 2 nights. I have you're books and video's but i am maping my route, i will be driving. Do i need aninternational drivers licence. Rodger

Posted by
1172 posts

You do not need an international driver's license. I highly recommend getting the full insurance package with your rental.

in terms of where should you spend more than 1-2 nights... what do you like to do?

Posted by
3122 posts

The RS guide to Ireland gives suggested itinerary priorities right in the front. You can adjust this according to how much time you have. With about 3 weeks at your disposal, you can see quite a lot of the entire island if you want to be on the move every couple of nights.

Posted by
409 posts

Hoping I'm not sounding a bit short, but.....

Your replies are few and not too complete, so maybe if you re-ask your question with more details about what you are like, what you like, what you're thinking time-frame (one night per town; 3 nights per town.....) etc..... That way, many of the Rick Steves travellers who LOVE to share their Ireland experiences can help you, better!

Susan
Expat in Waterville, Ring of Kerry

Posted by
3 posts

My question is- We are driving, we enjoy walks, site seeing, good food and Drink. We would like to know if there are any areas, towns, that we should spend more than 2 nights or 3. We do not like to rush away not enjoying all things in each area. Rodger