Please sign in to post.

Visiting Ireland in June 2024

Hi there. Planning to visit Ireland in June for my daughter’s graduation. We have previously visited Dublin but now wants to visit Galway and Cork and we will be travelling without a car.
Is this itinerary feasible?
2 nights in Galway. Take Irish rail from Dublin to Galway. Wants to visit eyre square, gallway cathedral, Spanish arch bridge, cliff of mother day trip. Which day trip company is good?
2 nights in Cork. Should we take the bus or rail from Galway to cork? Wants to visit English market, blarney castle, st fin barre cathedral, titanic last port of call in Cobh, kinsale.

Return back to Dublin. Should we take rail from cork to Dublin.
Any hotel recommendations in Galway and cork
Thank you in advance for your assistance

Posted by
141 posts

I would suggest taking the bus from the Dublin airport to Galway. It leaves from the airport and is cheaper. Otherwise you would have to transfer from the airport to the train station in Dublin, extra time and expense. The bus was so easy. The bus station in Galway is right behind Park House Hotel, very nice experience there. We were only there one night, but it was a perfect location for exploring Galway. We were there during the International Arts Festival - so much fun! We picked up a car the next day, so I don't have any input on trains through Ireland, but again, I would compare the bus schedules with the train schedules.
It looks like you are either going to be hiring a driver or booking day tours to cover everything you want to see. We stopped in Cobh on our way from Kinsale to Kilkenny. Cute town and great Titanic exhibit, and very cool to see its last port of call. You're going to love Ireland!