Please sign in to post.

Updated Itinerary - June 2024 Suggestions please!!

Hi there! I am finalizing our itinerary for our June 2024 family trip to Ireland. This is for myself, husband and two sons - ages 21 and 19, the oldest will be a new college graduate!! Please let me know if you have any suggestions, changes, etc.
***Dublin activities will be booked after I am hopefully able to secure Kilmainham Gaol tickets. But we are thinking of the traditional spots for Dublin - Trinity College, Guinness, Book of Kells, Temple Bar, etc. Also looking for either a private walking tour/food tour/pub tour. We don't like big groups so if here are any suggestions for a private guide or small group tours that would be great!!! **

June 3 - Arrive Dublin AM
June 4 - Dublin
June 5 - Depart Dublin around noon - Drive to Killarney. Possibly stop at Rock of Cashel along the way
June 6 - E-Bike Killarney Bike rental - bike/boat Gap of Dunloe
June 7 - Falconry Killarney / We could add something else in Killarney before we drive to Portmagee
June 8 - Kellig Michael Landing Tour (fingers crossed for good weather!!) / Looking for something to do after that before we drive to Dingle
June 9 - Dingle - Slea Head Drive / Dingle Distillery (open to other options!)
June 10 - Drive to Doolin - looking for options for morning before we leave to Doolin
June 11 - Doolin Cliff Walk / looking for options for afternoon/evening activities
June 12 - return rental car - Depart Shannon Airport

Also looking for suggestions for authentic bars/pubs/restaurants in each area. We are looking for casual and fun to experience as much as we can along the way. We are an active family and I'm looking to capture as many moments and memories as possible before my oldest son takes off into the "real world"!! Thanks so much - this forum is always so helpful!

Posted by
8679 posts

In Dingle a visit to Foxy Johns Hardware Store and Pub is a must.

Definitely hike and bike the Gap of Dunloe. Should also hike out to Dunmore Head above Coumenoole Beach. If you have a car I enjoyed finding the Cathair Deargain Ring Forts. I was also impressed with all the stone walls. Thinking how tough it would have been to erect then. How far was the quarry? Was there a quarry?

Posted by
59 posts

Claudia - Thank you so much for the tips. We will have a car and will check out those spots! I think I read something about Foxy Johns Hardware somewhere and I remember it was a a recommendation - thanks for the reminder!!

Posted by
94 posts

I saw an interesting evening walking tour in Dublin on the AirBnB Experiences site. Also, a street art one. We are planning to do the tea bus. I can't remember the name of it. It picks up at St Stephens Green and drives around the city while you have tea.

Posted by
59 posts

Trotter - Thank you! We are always looking for trails like that!

G3rryCee - That sounds interesting. I am going to look for those!! Thank you!