Please sign in to post.

Trip to ;Ireland - April 2017

Is March April the Spring time for Ireland? Visiting Strabane, Sion Mills, Belfast for Church Records

What are the best airlines, B&B's, hotels, sites to see in that area?

Posted by
8669 posts

By using the internet you can find out March/April weather for the last decade. However, doesn't mean that's what you'll find if you go. Weather is unpredictable, especially these day.

Best airlines? The one that mets your budget requirements.

Best B and B's? Again use the web and such sites as: http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/northern-ireland.htm. Also invest in the RS guidebook to Northern Ireland.

Best sites to see in that area? Giant's Causeway. Crumlin Gaol. Titanic Museum. Take the Game of Thrones tour.

Posted by
3122 posts

You'll probably find that Aer Lingus is among the cheapest airlines. We've flown them this year and last, loved every flight. They serve Dublin and Shannon, depending on where in the USA you're starting from.

I use Kayak.com to search for flights and compare prices. The only thing to watch out for if you use Kayak or another search site is, when you go to book, you want to be on the actual website of the airline. This year I didn't realize it but I was booking through Expedia or one of those 3rd parties. The 3rd party made it impossible to order a special meal for my husband, who has food allergies, until I called Aer Lingus and spoke to a live customer service rep in real time. It also made it harder for us to check in 24 hrs before flight.

The other cheap & good airline is Icelandair, but if one is going to Ireland why would one not want Aer Lingus?

Posted by
317 posts

Greetings from Ireland,

Great to hear you are going to Strabane and Sion Mills, my father is from Strabane and I used to play Gaelic football for the town team.

I could go on forever about things to see and do there, but one small cool attraction in Strabane is Grays printing shop on main street, its where John Dunlap, printer of the US declaration of Independence learned his trade! Theres even a nice wee coffee shop there now.

le meas/with respect
Stephen McPhilemy
Rick Steves Ireland Tour-Guide
Derry and Dingle