Please sign in to post.

Transportation Logistics For Day in Dublin (May 2018)

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a car park location on the northern outskirts of Dublin.

Our third day in Ireland will be a day trip to Dublin. During this portion of our visit we will be staying just outside of Drogheda (South). We will have a rental car. My current plan is take the rental car to a car park reasonably close to the city and then use taxis or maybe the bus system to make it to our destinations. My parents are older and will not be able to manage extensive walking. They may be able to manage the half mile between Trinity College and the National Museum but that would be as far as I would be comfortable pushing them.

I have been looking at Parkopedia for parking options and there are so many! It's overwhelming! Can anyone recommend a car park that is far enough out of Dublin so that driving there isn't too harrowing and is close enough to access Dublin City Center either by bus or taxi?

While in Dublin we would like to visit Kilmainham Gaol, Trinity College and the Book of Kells, and the National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology. I do not think we want worry with the HOHO since our time in Dublin is limited.

Thank you!

Posted by
2828 posts

Why drive into Dublin at all? There's an Irish Rail train station in Drogheda that will take you to Dublin Connolly station in about an hour, and you can also do it by bus. Logistically either of those might be a better option for you and your group. Once in the city you can grab a taxi to take you over to any of your desired locations.
The link for the bus: http://www.buseireann.ie/
The link for the train: http://www.irishrail.ie/
Be sure to pre-book your visit to Kilmainham.

Posted by
409 posts

The popular car park from Kerry is the Red Cow Roundabout (yes). We parked their for Springsteen and took the Luis in; also used that for a sporting event. Be sure to have change for the parking machine!

Susan
Expat living in Waterville