Please sign in to post.

Train from Belfast to Dublin

My RS 14 day Ireland tour ends June 8. Wondering if the Express Train departing Belfast Lanyan Place Station 10:35a arriving 12:40p Dublin Connolly Station is realistic for a 3:10p flight DUB SEA.
Also planning on taking a cab from Europa Hotel to Belfast Train Station. Is Dublin Connolly Train Station close to Dublin Airport?
Thanks in advance for any info.

Lynn

Posted by
2367 posts

It is highly recommended you are at airport three hours prior to flight as you are flying International and in Dublin you go thru US customs so you need that three hour cushion. I don't think you have nearly enough time.

Posted by
2449 posts

You might consider taking an Aircoach bus from Glengall St. (right close to your hotel) directly to the Dublin airport. You can book a ticket online.

Posted by
2956 posts

Is Dublin Connolly Train Station close to Dublin Airport?

A taxi can get you there in 15 minutes if traffic is light. A bus till take twice as long.

Posted by
12 posts

The Aircoach is a great idea! I'll look into that. And there is an earlier train departing 8am arrives 10:05am with plenty of time to get to terminal and clear customs.

Thank you!!

Posted by
15016 posts

RS is putting tour participants at the Europa? Wow. Things have improved. (Make sure you learn about the IRA history with the Europa.)

The Aircoach leaves from the Belfast bus station that is behind the Europa. No need for a cab. The entrance is literally half a block from the Europa.

If you decide to take the train, you can get a shuttle train from the bus station to Lanyan Place.

Posted by
59 posts

Just a note (I am from Northern Ireland btw) aircoach leaves from glengall street down the side of the grand opera House translink (the public transport provider in Northern Ireland) their services go from Europa bus station accessed from great Victoria St via the door with "great Northern mall" above it

Posted by
12 posts

Thank you Paul for your detailed directions to catch the Aircoach, I have bought my ticket.