Please sign in to post.

Solo travel

How many people actually go solo on the Ireland tour? I don't want to be the only solo traveler! This is always an issue. Any thoughts? I went to Sicily with a friend, and there were 7 couples on the trip and 10 single women, some solo, some with friends. That was nice. But Ireland seems like a couple's dream trip.

Posted by
16096 posts

My first RS tour was to Ireland. About a third of the group were singles ranging in age from mid 20's to 70's. All the singles got along and hung out together.

Posted by
2624 posts

Do you mean a RS tour? I took the Best of Ireland tour in 2008 and there were eleven single people (nine women, two men). Some were traveling together as friends, others not. In fact of my five RS tours, that one had the most single people, usually it's been four singles at most.

And FWIW, even as one of very few solos on a RS tour I have never felt left out. I've met some wonderful coupled people who have welcomed me in good conversation and to meals, some of them I still keep in touch with after many years. You do have to put yourself out there and make an effort, which for an introvert like myself can be a challenge.

Posted by
520 posts

Are you talking a RS tour? I believe if you call the office they might tell you how many singles are on a tour. On our recent 6 day RS Ireland tour from my memory there were two or three single women on the tour & two sisters traveling together. On that tour there is not a lot of down time so often we were all together