Please sign in to post.

Shannon

We are stuck for two days at the end of a two week tour in Ennistymon where we will have been for three days. We fly out of Shannon and are thinking of getting a room for two nights in Shannon. Any ideas or advice? Thanks!

Posted by
3227 posts

Bunratty is very close to the airport and we have stayed there on two different occasions. There is the Bunratty castle, and the folk park. We loved Eugene’s pub in Ennistymon!

Posted by
19 posts

My family loved the CarryGerry Country House. We stayed at the B&B on our last night before flying out of Shannon. It is so close to the airport, less than 10 minutes. The rooms are wonderful with a pretty view , dinner was delicious, Gillian & entire staff lovely .

Posted by
49 posts

Shannon, from what I understand, is basically an airport/industrial park. Its no place to spend 2 nights in Ireland. What about Ennis? Or Bunratty sounds like a good idea as well.

Posted by
511 posts

I agree with Khlloc. Until it closed, for years we always stayed at the same B&B in Newmarket-on-Fergus, eight miles north of Shannon. Today, the Hunter's Lodge (http://www.hunterslodge.ie), which also has a small restaurant and bar, may be the only B&B in the village. Other than that, I'd certainly opt for Ennis over Shannon.