Please sign in to post.

Renting a car in Ireland

I will be in Ireland for 4 days. I plan to rent a car. I'll be flying into dublin. Does anyone know if you can rent a car in one town ( Like KilKenny) and return in in another ( like Dublin)?? Any other tips for driving in Ireland?

Posted by
27 posts

Do you have any car rental agencies that you would recommend that would be big enough to have drop off and pick up in two different towns?

Posted by
174 posts

We used Dan Dooley; they have a US 800 number and were very helpful. I would encourage you, though, to buy the excess waiver insurance, including coverage for tires.

Posted by
34 posts

renting a car in Dublin and turning it in in Cork later this month. not a problem.

Posted by
1556 posts

I too used Avis last summer - picked up in Dublin and dropped it off at Shannon.

Posted by
3 posts

We are going there in a few days and booked a car through Costco Travel which was a great deal. They partner with Enterprise and provide all the insurance, taxes, etc. As we haven't used it yet can't speak to total experience but look promising.

Posted by
238 posts

We rented through Budget--picked up in Cork, dropped off in Shannon. It all went very smoothly.