Yesterday went to Irish Car Rentals, and Dooley Rental Cars to look at rates.
There all so many "options of insurance" - what is your advice on what is needed?
1. Collision Damage Insurance (CDW): We understand, we get this insurance, since we will charged for it anyway.
2. Super Damage Waiver Insurance (SDW): If you opt for CDW cover, you may also wish to purchase an additional protection. SDW reduces your excess liability to EURO 0 for a charge of EURO 17.03 to EURO 19.30 per day depending on the vehicle class. Tyre damage is not covered for car class PDAR.
Is this the Zero deductible mentioned in an eariler question in forum?
3. Windscreen Cover (WINDINS): If you opt for CDW cover and decide not to reduce the overall excess you may wish to purchase windscreen cover as the windscreen, wing mirrors and glass are the items most often damaged. This insurance covers all of the above and can be purchased at a cost of EURO 5.00 per day on all vehicles.
4. Theft Loss Insurance: This insurance option limits your financial liability for loss or theft of the Irish Car Rentals vehicle, its parts and accessories, provided the vehicle is used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the rental agreement. If Theft is not included in the rate you have chosen it is available locally at EURO 7.00 to EURO 9.00 per day depending on the vehicle class.
5. Personal Benefits Membership (PBM): is available for EURO 6.00 per day on all vehicles. This insurance covers the driver for personal injuries or fatality up to the sum of EURO 31,750.