Please sign in to post.

Please help: May 17- May 26, 2018 London-Ireland-London

Hello,

Visiting UK and Ireland for just 10 days. Plan to spend 2-3 days in London and about 6 days in Ireland with two girl friends. Don't have much time to research but with some of the reading I have done, the following seems interesting:

1. Dingle Peninsula - horse riding? Stay?
  2. Ring of Kerry - Cliffs of Kerry, Killarney National Park. Hiking? Stay?
  3. Glendalough.
  4. Newgrange burial chamber. Stay?
  5. Dublin

Where should we start our trip? Kerry? Where should we base ourselves while visiting Dingle and ROK? And thereafter in Glendalough?

This is another itinerary I was considering:

1. Galway
  2. Dingle Peninsula - horse riding? Stay?
  3. Ring of Kerry - Cliffs of Kerry, Killarney National Park. Hiking? Stay?
  4. Dublin

For this, we could start our trip in Dublin or Knock? And end in either of the two?

Please do advise.

Thanks so much!

Posted by
8145 posts

We are leaving shortly for the same type trip spending 2 days in London and flying to Ireland for a car trip. There are a number of companies like Tripmasters that have set trips to Ireland for very reasonable prices. They have something like 300+ hotels in their Irish network of accommodations. They can also book flights and rental cars too
I would suggest flying into Shannon before starting your trip and finish with a couple of days in Dublin before flying home.
We are staying in a fabulous B&B on the beach outside of Waterville and will be doing day trips out of there. At night, I assume we will be hitting the local pubs to soak in the local flavor.
Ireland is larger than most people realize, and there is no way you can cover all of their travel sights on a week or two. And it is a place you most likely will return to

Posted by
1589 posts

Just be that aware when you return to London on 26 May it will be a British holiday. Not sure what the effect, if any, will be on you.

Posted by
158 posts

How are you planning to get to Ireland from London? And how will you go back? Flying?

Posted by
12 posts

will fly in and out. Realise that may not be able to east coast and west coast on such a short trip. So likely fly into Kerry and fly out of Dublin. Thoughts?

Posted by
186 posts

Newgrange can be done in a long day trip. It was incredible and if you or anyone in your group are archeology buffs, you will definitely not want to miss it.

We did a day bus tour of Glendalough from Dublin and had a lovely time seeing many sites and having a nice lunch. If you want to do more hiking, then an overnight stay would be better, but if you just want to see, walk, and take photos at a nice pace, then a day trip should be enough.

Enjoy!