Please sign in to post.

One night in Dublin

I'm helping my son and friends plan their Europe trip this summer. I love planning trips so I actually volunteered to do so. They're flying in and out of Dublin and have a great apt booked for the beginning of the trip. At the end of the trip, they are flying in from Paris via Easyjet to spend 1 night in Dublin before they fly home so I was looking for suggestions for a location for them to stay at. I've never been to Ireland so looking for some advice. Should they just stay at a hotel by the airport for the convenience or should they stay closer to the town itself so they can get in one more night of sightseeing ( pub hopping I'm sure). They're in their 20s so they should be full of energy!

Posted by
703 posts

We stayed at Jurys Inn Christchurch which is very centrally located, right across from Christchurch Cathedral. We walked everywhere from there (except Kilmainham Gaol & Guinness Storehouse which were short bus rides away). Close enough for them to take in a few sights then hit Temple Bar in the evening & also an easy walk to the Air Link bus stop to the airport. As long as their flight isn't super early, I'd opt for staying in town.

Posted by
20103 posts

What time does the easyJet land in Dublin and what time is the flight home?

Posted by
1113 posts

They get in at 10 am so they basically have the whole day in Dublin.

Posted by
1172 posts

There really isn't much around the airport so I would book something in the city for them.