Please sign in to post.

moderate prices B&B or hotel in Dublin in June 2018?

Hello. We are heading to London in early June (2 adults/1 13 yr old boy) and plan to stay in a hotel in Kensington. Prices seem equally high in Dublin, so was thinking of a more moderate choice or a nice B&B? Could anyone offer suggestions for a 4 night stay? We plan to rent a car and do some day trips-but not sure of destinations yet. Planning feels a bit overwhelming right now!

Posted by
8674 posts

Define moderate.

As far as day trips from Dublin:

Glendalough
Powerscourt
NewGrange
Belfast (save your pounds from your time in London to spend here)
Rock of Cashel

Posted by
72 posts

We stayed in a B&B on Upper Drumcondra Rd a couple of years ago that was I think €90 a night for the two of us. There was a small car park in front where we left our rental and took the bus into Dublin. It was fairly easy to drive away from the city and pick up the motorway. (You don’t want to have a car in the city center.) This was Tinode House; there are others in the area. I don’t know if there was a family room since we didn’t need one.

Posted by
17 posts

Hello, I'll be in Dublin and London in May. Yes both cities are expensive. This be will our first trip to Dublin and we reserved 3 nights at Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge. We'll be paying approx 169 EUR per night, which seems to be fairly moderate for Dublin and for the central location. I did a lot of searching on TripAdvisor, AirBnB, and Rick Steves recommendations before selecting this hotel. Best of luck!

Posted by
117 posts

Last year, we stayed in the Drury Court hotel in Dublin. There was a nice, reasonable parking garage right near this hotel. It was in a great location and the price was pretty decent.
For daytrips from Dublin, I highly recommend a drive down to Glendalough and through the Wicklow Mountains. It's very beautiful and not too far.

Another nice daytrip would be to the Rock of Cashel or Kilkenny.