Please sign in to post.

May 2020 Based in Dublin for 6 days

2 adults. Best day trips from Dublin by bus or train. We are not driving ourselves. Best Dublin sights. Thanks in advance.

Posted by
281 posts

We were just in Dublin last month for 5 full days. The two things we enjoyed the most were Kilmanham Gaol and the Yellow Umbrella evening Pub tour. We also took the Wild Rover tour to Glendalough, Kilkenny, and the Wicklow Mountains. It was a very nice full day, and we were satisfied with the tour and the company. One day we took the train up to Belfast and took a taxi tour and went to the Titanic museum. Both were just OK in my opinion. The Book of Kells was underwhelming, as others have already said many times on this forum. We had the time, and it was one of those things that we had to do because we didn't want to leave and say that we should have seen it. If you're not that type of person, I would skip it.

Posted by
238 posts

Dublin--Kilmainham Gaol, Trinity College walking tour and the Archaeology Museum; day trip--New Grange/Knowth. We enjoyed the Titanic Museum in Belfast.

Posted by
281 posts

Yes, I would also agree with Newgrange. We had been there on a previous trip to Ireland, so I wasn't thinking of it when I was recalling this trip. It was definitely a highlight, and I would highly recommend it as a day trip from Dublin.