We are leaving an organized tour and continuing on our own from Bunratty Castle Hotel on a Sunday. We are interested in traditional music sessions and some sightseeing. This is our tentative plan.
1. Travel to Ennis and visit Crusty's music shop. On to Doolin, possibly for overnight.
2. Spend the day and possibly overnight on Aran Islands.
4. Westport via Clifden and Connemara.
5. Travel to Sligo
6. Travel to County Cavan (researching that possibly family came from that County. Would like to find this out for sure before committing to go there.)
7. Back to Dublin to fly home (Will have spent time there with tour.)
This is our first trip to Ireland. Not sure how many days we would need to cover this itinerary! Maybe we are trying to do too much. Which location has the best sessions? Maybe we could leave off a city?