Please sign in to post.

Lodging recommendations

Hello! Our trip is almost all set. I just need to figure out where to stay on two nights. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. I think we would prefer a hotel as opposed to B&B since we are staying at a farmhouse for a few days.
So looking for suggestions in Wicklow area and Killarney area.
So far our itinerary is as follows
Day 1 - fly into Dublin and pick up car and drive to Wicklow (need place to stay)
Day 2 & 3 drive to Kilkenny area and stay at Lawcus Farm guest house and visit Jerpoint Abby, Kelly Priory, Kilkenny Castle
Day 4 drive to killarney (need place to stay)
Take jaunty car for national park tour and gap of dunloe
Day 5 & 6 in Dingle at Castlewood guesthouse
Day 7- drive back to Dublin ( need to find hotel close to airport) drop off car and taxi into Dublin for dinner
Day 8- fly back to states

Posted by
1172 posts

We stayed at the Lake hotel in Killarney and it was gorgeous! It was right next to the National Park. The included breakfast was delicious and had great variety.

Posted by
31 posts

Sharon that place looks amazing! I think I'm gonna book the Lake Hotel. 😍

Posted by
1172 posts

Jennifer: It really was and the service was great as well! We saw some gorgeous wildlife every morning. I hope I get to go back some day !

Posted by
427 posts

I'm glad to see you're staying at Lawcus Farm. It was by far my favorite place we have stayed (probably in all of Europe). I only wish we had stayed more than a night!

Posted by
14 posts

So happy to hear you guys loved Lawcus cause we will be staying there on Saturday (yes, this Saturday!!)!