Please sign in to post.

Lodging in Doolin

I'm in early planning stage for our trip in summer 2024. But i like to select a few lodging options.
Will be using public transport and local tours to get around. My plan is Dublin-Killarney-Doolin-Galway-Dublin.
The Doolin portion, i like to do cliff walk with Pat Sweeney, day trip to inishmor and burren walking tour. I think Doolin is a good base for this.
My question is should i be looking for lodging near fisher street or the other side of the village. Looks like bus 350 stops at hotel Doolin. But if there is sidewalk, will probably be okay dragging our rolling carry-ons.
Thanks

Posted by
493 posts

I stayed at the Atlantic View Bed & Breakfast on Fisher Street in Doolin in 1997. It was very pleasant.

That night I walked to the center of town to drink and hear music. It wasn't a long way, and I enjoyed walking the small town at night.

If you wish to stay closer to town, it's not a long walk to the ferry and shore, according to Google maps.

Doolin is a good base for the things you want to do in part because Celtic culture is thriving there. I heard people speaking in Irish as part of their regular conversation. And there is some great trad music venues.

I loved visiting Inishmore and the Burren, too.

Posted by
99 posts

Thank you for the suggestion for Atlantic View B&B. It does look nice, It's a bit far from the bus stop.
I found the lodging that suits us since we will be taking public transport. It's O'Connor Guesthouse, which is on the other side of the village, near hotel Doolin.

Fyi, I did try the search button, but it wasn't given me information I needed, most are conversation about planning.

Thanks,