Please sign in to post.

Kilmainham Goal

If we were to get on the first hop on hop off bus at 9 am about how long would it take to get to the goal? Want to make a reservation and trying to figure out what time.

Posted by
740 posts

Good question. Personally, I find the HOHO buses too risky for a timed reservation. I would either take a cab, or better yet, a Dublin Transit bus. Last year I caught a bus just outside Trinity College and took it to Kilmainham. It dropped me about 1-1/2 blocks away.

Posted by
1172 posts

I agree with Eric. I would take a cab over and then can hop on the bus on your way out, There is a stop right there, We did this last summer and it worked well

Posted by
38 posts

So if I scheduled the tour for 9:45 what time would I need to leave the
Aston Quay/O'Connell st. bridge area?

Posted by
1172 posts

They say to be at the gaol 15 minutes prior to your ticket time so I would lave at 9:15

Posted by
703 posts

We took the Dublin bus from our hotel (Jurys Inn Christchurch) to the goal. We arrived quite early so we popped into a pub for a pint while we waited. Our time was 1:30. We also rode the bus back because we didn't buy the HOHO passes. Dublin buses are pretty simple to figure out (this coming from someone who couldn't figure out the London or Paris bus system).