Please sign in to post.

Itinerary Help

I have a situation I need help with. I am driving from 3 nights in Dublin to Doolin for 2 nights and then Dingle for 2 nts and then Killarney for 2 nights and drive back to Dublin to fly out in evening. How long of drive is it to Doolin from Dublin and which route. How long is it from Killarney to Dublin and which route is best to take, My flight out of Dublin is at 7:50pm (19:50). I wish I could change the flights but I can’t at this point. I would of done in reverse and started in Shannon and ended with 3 nights in Dublin but it won’t work. Appreciate your help. By the time I do the return trip to Dublin I’ll hopefully have driving well under control so if there will be a choice to take a little detour to see something spectacular please mention otherwise just the fastest routes. Thanks
Barry

Posted by
8668 posts

Both of the “main” routes from Dublin or Doolin take about the same time.

You need to research if there is something in route you’d like to see and go that way.

I’m also of the opinion to give up on night in Dublin and add it to exploration of the West Coast.

Don’t miss the Gap Of Dunloe, coumeenoole Beach, Killarney National Park and the Kerry Cliffs in Portmagee.

Killarney to Dublin is about 4 hours but give yourself a buffer since you have return your rental.

Posted by
459 posts

Here is a pretty decent driving planner for Ireland. Go to the website and then in the upper right click on "routeplanner". https://www.theaa.ie/ It is a pretty easy drive from Dublin to Doolin IMO, toughest part for me was getting from the rental car pick up to the M1 and then M50. I scoped it all out on google earth street level from where I believed I would pick up the car (Hertz) and then the building where the car was parked was different than what I had planned. Probably a bit jet lagged at that point but it worked out and we went south on local roads to the M50 then west to Doolin. I took my Garmin from Indiana along and had loaded an Ireland map that worked pretty well. Loved Doolin, don't miss the Doolin Music House if you are there an evening they are performing!!! I ditto Claudia's Gap and Kerry Cliffs recommendation, loved them both!!!