Please sign in to post.

Itinerary Help - Revised

Hi all!

My husband and I will be traveling to Ireland in late August for a football game in Dublin. Because of the game, we are going to spend the last few days in Dublin but I need some help planning the rest of the trip. Total we will be in Ireland for 10 days with 6-7 spent outside the Dublin area. I have been struggling to put together an itinerary that is not too aggressive and this is what I have come up with so far:

Day 1 - Arrive in Dublin (early am) - bus to Galway
Day 2 - Galway - Connemara
Day 3 - Drive to Ennis/Doolin (leaning towards Ennis) - Cliffs of Moher along the way?
Day 4 - Ennis (do we need 2 nights here?)
Day 6 - Drive to Dingle (Slea Head Drive on the way?)
Day 7 - Drive to Kenmare (Ring of Kerry on the way?)
Day 8 - Stay in Kenmare or drive to Kinsale?
Day 9 - Kinsale
Day 10 - Drive to Dublin - Rock of Cashel (worth the drive/stop?)
Day 11 - Dublin (game day)
Day 12 - Dublin City Tour (Guinness and Jameson tours, etc.)
Day 13 - Fly home

I kind of know the sights we want to see, just need help with the home bases. I know outside of the popular cities may be cheaper to stay so I will look at places close if the “bases” look right.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Posted by
7 posts

I just posted mine above yours, a minutea go.... so feel free to review or add as a potential outline yourself! We'll see if others like it or comment.

Posted by
326 posts

No way I would drop Kinsale, as it's absolutely gorgeous; drive out to the Old Head if at all possible. I'd offer the opinion that one day in Galway should be plenty.