Please sign in to post.

Itinerary Help!

Surprising my husband with this trip for our anniversary in April 2018. We will only have 7 days(wish it was more) but I need feedback and suggestions Here were my initial thoughts

Day 1 Arrive in Dublin in the am and spend the night

Day 2 Travel to Waterford and stay the night in Waterford Castle

Day 3 Drive to Killarney Stay the night

Day 4 Drive to Dingle stay the night

Day 5 Drive to Galway stay 2 nights

Day 7 Back to Dublin for our last night

Is it doable or is it too much? I have gotten mixed reviews about going to Waterford. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Also if you have good suggestions for places to stay in the area that would be great!

Posted by
1172 posts

Any chance you can fly in to Dublin and out of Shannon?

For me, it is wayyyy too much. We did the same loop last summer with 14 days on the ground and had to skip things.

Day 1 will be a blur between the overnight flight and jet lag which means you will see almost nothing of Dublin.

You will spend the majority of your time in the car with very little time in the towns exploring and seeing things, taking in the culture etc.

Posted by
9 posts

Thanks Sharon

Someone else suggested that so I am going to look into that. I think I am definitely going to eliminate Waterford and do 2 nights in Dingle.

Posted by
119 posts

If you can't fly into one airport and out of another, how about

Day 1 Arrive in Dublin airport, drive to Killarney, stay the night in Killarney
Day 2 Spend day in Killarney, drive to Dingle, stay the night
Day 3 Stay night in Dingle
Day 4 Drive to Galway, stay the night
Day 5 Stay night in Galway
Day 6 Drive to Dublin, stay night
Day 7 Stay night in Dublin

Just a thought. That way you'd only have one 1 night stay the first night.

Posted by
10 posts

I think this is too much. Day 1 you will be tired from the flight. You could easily spend 2-3 days in Dublin. I would probably skip Waterford for the extra night in Dublin.