Please sign in to post.

Itinerary

Hello friends! We leave a week from today (eek!) and thought I would run this by. Please note we have already secured all accommodations so would rather not change those if at all possible. Nothing like waiting til the last minute! Ha ha!

Thursday-Sunday: in Ennis and County Clare for a clan gathering/family reunion. While days 3, 4, 5 will be planned for us for the most part, we arrive a day early into Shannon and basically have all of Thursday and Friday until mid afternoon free. Suggestions? We will already being seeing the Cliffs of Mohr on a tour with family...

Monday: drive from Ennis to Killarney. What to see along the way? Spending two nights on the Ring of Kerry - what is not to be missed? I am most interested in the waterfalls...my husband, in castles!

Wednesday: drive from Killarney to Cork. Spend night in Cork. Suggestions other than Blarney, which we do plan to see?

Thursday: Drive from Cork to Waterford, spend night in Waterford area. Suggestions?

Friday: Drive from Waterford to Limerick. Spending night at hotel at the Shannon Airport. Can we hit Kilkenny that day?

Suggestions and thoughts most appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Posted by
154 posts

Do you plan to drive the Ring of Kerry? It is beautiful! We followed Rick's suggestions for driving the ROK, stopped often and that seemed to work for us. Killarney National Park and area have Torc Waterfalls, the Gap of Dunloe, Muckross House (and Muckross Abbey nearby), Innisfallen Abbey, (on an island), and Ross Castle to name a few. The Killarney Lakes offer boat tours which depart from Ross Castle. You have many wonderful options. Waterford to Kilkenny is about 45 minutes (add a bit for traveling in Ireland) so you could add that to your itinerary. Not sure how far it is from Kilkenny to Limerick. I prefer Kilkenny over Waterford.

Enjoy!
Barbara