Please sign in to post.

Ireland Trip - September 2019

I will be traveling to Ireland in Early September 2019 - I have ~12 days and was hoping to hop over to another destination for a quick trip (i.e. 6 days in Ireland, 6 days in TBD). What other destinations do you suggest? Thanks!

Posted by
2114 posts

If you have not been to England or Scotland, they would be easy hops.

Posted by
2472 posts

We flew from Dublin to London Heathrow for 5 nights in Sept. 2017. Easy flight on British Air, other airlines as well, very reasonable price, about 120 Euros or pounds - don't remember which.

That time of year we had mild temperatures and an occasional shower (5 mins.) in London.

Enjoy!

Posted by
7396 posts

It’s a smaller island than Ireland - so you might not want to spend 6 whole days there, too, and that might allow you a 7th or 8th day in Ireland, but the Isle of Man is close, and reachable by plane or boat.

Or pop up northeast, and visit Iceland, while it’s still summer.

Posted by
3122 posts

Really 12 days for Ireland is not a lot. However, if you're determined to divide your time, I'd say fly to Edinburgh as there are frequent flights, affordable, and hassle-free even if you're coming from Dublin (as opposed to Belfast) and thus changing countries.

You can see a lot of Scotland in a few days from a base in Edinburgh. Visit the Scotland section of this forum if interested. For returning home, you might get a nonstop from Edinburgh or, more likely, a change of planes in either Dublin or Shannon.