Has anyone taken the tour in October?
I checked weather for October for 2017
But it doesn’t mention humidity
Where I live some can get away with shorts during day
I’ve been told prepare for any weather Ireland but is it warm to cold
Or cooler
Another friend suggested buying my clothes there instead of packing
Which could be a good idea
I plan on one bag (with other bags packed in the one)
Thank you
Any ideas suggestions grateful
Sincerely
Joan Shea

Posted by
248 posts

We were in Ireland last October and it was cool and rained a lot. We did not ever wear shorts. Long pants and layers and, of course, rain coats. It was never cold but often very cool. No matter the weather you will love Ireland. It is our favorite place. Have a great time enjoying the beautiful country, very friendly people, the music in the pubs, and the Guinness.

Posted by
279 posts

A few years ago, my family and I were there for the last half of September and first week of October. The first two weeks were a bit humid but comfortable, with highs in the mid-70s and rain only on one day at the end of that two weeks. That rain heralded a big change in the weather, though, from humid and pretty warm for the season to sunny, dry, yet chilly, with highs in the mid-50s. I finally had to pull my heavy cardigan out of the suitcase. So, you really never know what you’re going to get! Definitely use layers to cover all potentialities. I wouldn’t worry about shorts, though, especially if you have light, comfortable trousers.

Posted by
398 posts

We went to Ireland in October 2013, Dublin, Kilkenny, Dingle, and Galway. We actually did fairly well in terms of rain - I recall only two out of the nine were very rainy. But it drizzles here and there frequently. I believe the weather was around 55 degrees Fahrenheit most days, maybe touching 60 once or twice, and even at night never really dipping below 50. I would not pack any shorts, it'd be a waste of space.

Posted by
6534 posts

We toured Ireland in October 2010 and wore short sleeve shirts almost all of the time. By the cliffs of Moher it was windy, cool, and some drizzle. On the cooler weather days, a light jacket sufficed. I never wear shorts on vacation, but could have on that trip on most days. No idea why someone would recommend buying clothing there since clothing is generally more expensive over there.

Posted by
138 posts

We went to Ireland late last October. A couple days it poured down rain but we took waterproof jackets and shoes and were fine. We wore jeans and layered our clothes every day. When the sun would shine, it would get a little warmer but most days were cooler and I don't think there was a day where we didn't need a light jacket. We also took (and used) a packable puffer for the really chilly mornings. If you have the right clothes, the weather is not a problem. If it is late October, I would plan on layering your tops, take a couple pairs of jean and a jacket.