Please sign in to post.

Kinsdale, celebrating bday on 4Th of July

I will be celebrating my 60 Th birthday ,which is on the 4th of July in Kinsdale . Any suggestions ?

Posted by
8669 posts

Other than being your birthday the 4th of July isn't going to be a day of celebration in Kinsale. What is it that you like doing on your day? Personally, I'd find a pub to enjoy a pint and craic.

Posted by
16893 posts

I would enjoy doing the same things on my birthday that are Rick's top recommendations for everyone: Don & Barry's History Stroll, lunch at Fishy Fishy Café, afternoon wandering the remains of Charles Fort.

Posted by
10344 posts

What, no 4th of July celebration in Europe?!

Posted by
8669 posts

Sorry Kent, contrary to FOX news the world doesn't revolve around the US of A.

Posted by
10344 posts

What?! They never tell me these things.

Posted by
4 posts

To Claudia:
I know that no one else celebrates the 4TH of July but Americans. But I have lived in other countries and traveled all my life and where there are Americans we celebrate our independence.
So no need to be disrespectful .
if you are in Kinsdale , I honestly would like your suggestions.

Posted by
1878 posts

I was there when I stayed over on a business trip in Cork for a day in 2010. I did not make it Charles Fort but that would be my top place to visit. That and a leisurely stroll around town, a pint or two in a pub. It's a nice little town, a nice place to just relax and be there. Much like the whole of Ireland in that way. I think a return to Ireland (we visited on vacation in 2002) might be our next trip, and I cannot believe it's taken us so long to make a return visit.

Posted by
154 posts

What a great place to celebrate your birthday and the 4th of July! While we did not expect to find any July 4th celebrations while in Ireland we did observe that more than a few pubs held cook outs in honor of July 4th complete with American flags waving. This was in Kilkenny last summer. I thought it was a lovely thing to do.

Now, where to eat in Kinsale, you will find may great places to dine, our favorite was Crack Pots. Suggest you make a reservation the day you want to eat dinner there. Our first visit to Kinsale we were unable to eat dinner there because we did not make reservations. Can also recommend the Perryville Tea Room located in the Perryville Hotel. Enjoyed a great tea there. Also enjoyed dinner at Stolen Pizza and Bruno's. Bruno's serves a good meal and the restaurant's location has an interesting story.

Barbara

Posted by
8669 posts

Wow, not sure why you thought my reply was disrespectful. Simply noted the 4th of July is not a holiday across the pond and asked what you like doing. One you shared what you liked doing ( hiking, shopping, eating, photography, etc) I was going to answer your query. You've gotten suggestions from other posters so no need for my help. Enjoy your trip.

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you to everyone for the great suggestions.
Claudia, I am sorry I miss understood your tone in the message. That"s what happens you don't speak face to face .

Posted by
40 posts

We celebrated the 4th of July in style in 1994, in KINSALE! We even had sparklers! 'Twas grand. Been in Ireland several times around that date - they ALWAYS have 4th of July sales for bbq's in their shops too! You could always do a picnic! Enjoy.... And happy early B-day!