Please sign in to post.

Ireland

Planning a 23 day road trip to Ireland next July. First time to Ireland and have never stayed in aB&B
Are most of them shared restrooms. Do you have any favorites B&B and also hotels
Staying in Dublin, Kilkenny, Waterford, Kinsale, Kemare,Dingle, Galway, Westport, Portrush
Derry, Belfast and Trim
Thanking you in advance for information

Posted by
42 posts

Hello. We stayed at the Bambury Guest House in Dingle and I would very much recommend it. It was just a few minutes walk from town and the owner was incredibly welcoming. Breakfast was really delicious! In Kenmare we stayed at O’Donnabhain’s Bar, Restaurant and Guesthouse. We had a family room (3 beds-4 people) and it was very reasonable and actually very quiet considering that the rooms are above a pub. We stayed in Clifden at the Quay House instead of traveling to Westport. Clifden is a beautiful town but may not be what you had in mind for your itinerary.

Posted by
459 posts

http://brownesdingle.com/
http://www.ashfieldkenmare.com/
Greetings,
We stayed at Brownes in Dingle, link above, and really enjoyed the spot. Camille is a mile or so out of town but we had no trouble finding parking in Dingle town and walked from the harbor to the B&B a couple of times, it is 3/4 of a mile or so from the harbor. Very nice, quiet spot with good room, nice people, and great breakfast.

In Kenmare we stayed at Ashfield B&B. Again the B&B is a short distance from town but is absolutely no problem driving and finding parking in town or walking if you are energetic! The room was awesome, meals were great. We booked direct and received the promised discount, no questions asked...great location IMO. I envy that you trip is in your future and mine is in the past!

Posted by
475 posts

Pax Guest House in Dingle was amazing ~ my husband and I agree one of the best places we have ever stayed.

Kilkenny we stayed at Newlands Lodge ~ lovely
Marless House in Galway ~ also lovely (cash only)
Enjoy!

Posted by
2115 posts

The Old Presbytery in Kinsale was lovely, and the innkeepers so very kind. Private baths. If you go there, we suggest you ask for the downstairs room with the little balcony overlooking the carpark (which is quiet and private just for the small inn). Check it out on Trip Advisor.

Posted by
238 posts

While they do exist, we never encountered a B&B with shared bathrooms on either of our trips to Ireland. Look for "en suite" accommodations--there are lots of them. We stayed at lovely B&Bs in several of the places you mention and can recommend them all: The Old Presbytery in Kinsale; Milestone House in Dingle; Petra House in Galway and Avenue Guesthouse in Belfast.

Posted by
8 posts

Galway just stayed at the Ardawn House. Great hosts, nice place, nice family room, good breakfast and about a 10 minute walk to the main square. Would stay there again.
Belfast stayed at Malone Lodge Hotel in one of their 2 bedroom apartments which was great for our family. Very nice and nice breakfast. Would stay there again. The pub had a pint and a burger for 10 pounds.

Dingle Harbour Lodge B&B. More like a small hotel with breakfast. Basic rooms, great staff and location.

Dublin would not recommend Ashling House B&B. Only a "B". Fortunately only one night before we flew out. Plus was a short drive to airport. Live and learn.

Posted by
81 posts

Milltown House in Dingle gets an A+
Friars Lodge in Kinsale was lovely
Eyre Square in Galway was just mediocre; I'd find another
Buswells in Dublin is beautiful and wonderfully located

We loved Ireland! Have a blast!
Linda