Please sign in to post.

ideas

I "plan" to arrive Dublin Mon 8-16 via AMS from Seattle, long ass flight. As I'm older now, not too much travel, a hotel sleep could be helpful. Where would you suggest? I plan to take the train to Belfast the next day for a visit to Corrymeela, stay there one night and back to Dublin, where I'll be for the next week.
Thank you for any ideas you might offer
Jeffrey

Posted by
8660 posts

Premiere Inn City Centre.

About 1/2 hour walk to Connolly Train station where you catch the train to Belfast. Or take a taxi.

Premiere Inns are a good price and comfortable.

EDIT: might change the title of your post to something like “ Suggestions for where to stay in Dublin?” Might get more replies and helpful suggestions.

Posted by
14988 posts

You could stay at a hotel at the airport--I've stayed at the Carlton Hotel--and take a direct bus from the airport to Belfast the next day.

Posted by
2822 posts

If your flight arrives in the morning you might consider just gutting it out and jumping on the direct bus to Belfast and then proceeding up to Corrymmela the next day.
If arriving in the afternoon I'd suggest the Premier Inn at Dublin airport and then catching the bus the next day. Going all the way into Dublin city would seem to be unnecessarily complicated if all you want is a good night's sleep. Besides, accommodations at the airport will be much cheaper than those in the city.