Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Dublin, ,under 120 euros a night?Central location !

Hi , would love some recommendations for a clean budget hotel in a very central location in Dublin. We will only be there three days.. and will not have a car.. so would love to stay somewhere we could walk to most sights and pubs etc( I do realize that its impossible to stay in one area and walk to ALL sights.. but just going for most central).

I would really like to keep it under 120 euros.. hotel room can have tacky furniture,, but should be clean with private ensuite.. Do not want a room over a pub though.. lol

thanks for any recommendations.

PS. Anyone stay at the Camden Hotel?

Posted by
4 posts

Look at Portobello B&B. Convenient and good

Posted by
5 posts

We stayed at the Best Western Plus Academy Plaza Hotel. Right at the end of the main thorougfare in Dublin. Easy bus to and from the airport. Hop on Hop off across the side street. We stayed three days in Oct. and it was perfect. And well under your 120 euros.

Posted by
10205 posts

We stayed at the Best Western Plus Academy Plaza Hotel too. It was really nice and I found a stay 2 nights get the 3rd night free deal on Expedia. It made it very affordable.

Posted by
1 posts

I have stayed at the Conrad Hilton, and they have some really good deals if you check ahead. I find it is better to call by phone to find out about these deals, because they do not put these online. In speaking on the phone, within a couple of minutes you get a repor with someone and they begin to make you offers that are great! YES, and this is the Conrad Hilton in Dublin. Americans would really love this deal! Its the standard of what we are used to, and they have great rooms for a minimal price in a big name hotel. I've stayed there many times through the years, from the top suites to the less priced rooms. So good luck!

Posted by
8 posts

We stayed at Albany House (84 Harcourt Street, Dublin 2) for 3 mights in mid-June 2013. The price was under your 120 at 275 euros for 3 nights. It is only 1 block south of St. Stephens Green and we walked everywhere in the middle of Dublin - it is very easy to get to Trinity College, Natl Museums, Temple Bar. The bus to and from airport is nearby, just walk to the opposite side of St. Steph Green and south a block. The hotel is in a Georgian house and our room was nice - large and clean with private en-suite. Breakfast was continental, not full Irish, but filling and the coffee was good! We would happily stay there again.

Cheryl

Posted by
11507 posts

Cheryl after much research we booked at the Albany too.. looks quite decent enough for us and the location seems pretty central .

Posted by
124 posts

Pat,
I've haven't stayed at Camden Court Hotel, but I have been inside its bar and all I can say is its open to the public and it's the place a lot of people go to on the weekend. But the hotel otherwise is very nice. The walk into town is very quick, it's not the prettiest street in Dublin. But it is safe.
Have you looked in Jury's Inn on Parnell St. it's on the north side of Dublin just over the bridge. The often have deals.

Posted by
1 posts

I have stayed at Cassidy's on Upper O'Connell twice. Clean, inexpensive and great location for all sites. Walked to most places.

Posted by
9363 posts

I like the Glen Guesthouse on Lower Gardiner St. It's right behind the Custom House, a couple of blocks from O'Connell, just across the bridge from the Trinity College and Temple Bar. They advertise "power showers", and they are great.

Posted by
956 posts

I don't know when you're going, but we are staying at the Maldron Hotel Smithfield for $87 (DOLLARS!) a night in April. Totally within walking distance of most of the city. I'm going to assume it's clean as it's rated 40 of 178 hotels on TripAdvisor. I got this deal off of Kayak.com which is my new best friend for traveling!
I feel weird giving YOU advice. You're royalty on this site!!!! ;)